Friday, 5 February 2010

The Tarot

I used an idea from David Wells book and decided to make a random pick of a tarot card each day and meditate on it. the idea is to attune you to the deck and get used to interpreting the cards. So I have been doing that since January 24th. That is 13 days of Tarot card picks. And the result has been very unexpected

I have also done some 3 card spreads which were

Q cups, 5 wands , Moon (asking for guidance after I learned my booking at RHH will end)
P swords 2 wands 6 cups (after the car crash)
3 pentacles 10 pentacles The Sun (just looking for some sort of message)

The single cards I have pulled are
6 cups
The Emperor
7 Pentacles
2 Cups
The Hanged Man
The Moon
The Star
The Tower
7 Pentacles
The Tower
The Moon
Death
The Star

Now the sceptic in me thinks that these are just random pulls - the psychic in me can see a message in all those Major arcana cards.

I will do a statistical analysis of these cards

First the major arcana pulls. Out of 22 cards 11 are major arcana. The chance of picking a major arcana card at random is 22/78 or just over 25% To pick 50% looks like more than chance. Every major arcana card has fit beautifully with my circumstances the day I pulled it. Plus the major message is change - and at the moment things are changing very rapidly for me. 9 out of 13 for the single picks is around 70% - but it is still a small sample.

Of the 11 suit pulls 4 are pentacles 4 are cups 2 are wands 1 swords. there probably isnt enough to say there is a siginifcant bias towards one suite or another but certainly my emotions (cups) have been tested during the past 2 weeks and work (pentacles/earth/material things) has been at the centre of my issues.

So all these cards could have been pulled by pure chance - but if I am honest I dont think so.

Tomorrow I have my level 2 reiki attunement. I am really looking forward to it

No comments:

Post a Comment