Sunday, 31 January 2010

An epiphany

OK thats a pretty strong word to use but that is how I feel after my experiences over the past 2 days. Yesterday I went to the Paul McKenna weight loss event. I was unsure how much I would get from the day as I already know and understand the golden rules. What happened was unexpected. It was the 20 minutes on 'thought field therapy' that left me going 'wow' At one point he had us tapping the base our hands - and told us the tingle we could feel was 'chi' Well I could immediately link that to reiki.

Then another TFT demonstration showed us that out bodies can give us 'yes/no' answers about whether it is OK for us to eat a certain food. Again although the demonstrator described it as 'witchcrafty' to me it made perfect sense. I already KNOW our subconcious can give us information if we access it in the right way.

Then again when Paul was doing a demonstration with an audience member, he finished up by doing something that looked remarkably like the 'wrap up ' at the end of a reiki session - except he only did it down her arms.

So I left yesterday feeling 'wow' Not only do I feel TFT (which I had been sceptical about before) could be of use, I felt I could use it in a healing setting with clients. TFT all links into accupuncture so maybe I need to learn about that.

Then this morning I read 'the reiki Bible' that Steve gave me for Christmas. Not only did is re-enforce my feeling that reiki is the right path for me but I could see how the techniques Paul taught me were actually getting me ready for reiki.

Then I have had an amazing run with tarot cards. I see to be working backwards through the major arcana. 2 days of the moon, followed by the star, and then today I picked The Tower.

All this makes the minor issue of a car crash that has written off my car seem far less worrying than it would be. I even said last night I am convinced something good will happen as a result of the crash.

Time will tell....................

No comments:

Post a Comment