Saturday, 20 November 2010

Spiritual development

I had a fascinating and enjoyable day yesterday. I finally got the chance to meet David Wells - who is just like he appears on TV and in his books. I knew I wanted to meet him because his books have been so helpful - but also because of all the medium's I have seen on TV he was one who radiated integrity. When he was on MH he came across as totally sincere as well as very gifted. It was as I suspected his sincerity that made him leave the show - and it is no coincidence that the show went downhill after he left. But would I have chosen to do a workshop about Past Life regression if it hadn't been my a chance to meet him? It was my third attempt because the first workshop I tried got cancelled, and the second one I was really interested in was the weekend we were coming back from Scotland. In all honesty the answer would be no. I am unsure what I believe about past lives. In some ways it makes more sense than the idea that we only have one life to get it right but I have yet to see any convincing evidence that anyone has accessed information that conclusively proves they have lived before. So why did I book it? It was so I could meet David and so Tony (who believes he has lived before) could explore this further. In the end Tony didn't go, I went alone and I had a fascinating and enjoyable day.

The first thing that made me go 'wow' was that David had copies of one of my favourite quotes from Change your Life in 7 days on the tables. 'Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure....' etc and the rest. I dont know who Marianne Williamson is but that quote hit home when I first read it 4 years ago. To see it as the first thing on a workshop i wasn't sure about made me think. Rightly or wrongly I see things that loop back like that as signs that I am on the right track,

Basically the day consisted of a series of guided meditations - which David lead fantastically well. After a basic visualisation to link in and open our chakras, the first meditation lead us to the tree of life . On the way to it through a forest I saw a wolf - my power animal. This image is no great surprise and at the time I connected it with Tony. As we approached the tree a name came into my head. Not mine and I don't believe it was the name of anyone I saw in the mirror. David suggested later it could be my angelic name -which I should not reveal. In the tree of life I looked in a mirror to see who or what I would see. Initially I saw a girl in homespun with brown hair, then she turned into a black haired indian squaw. These two images kept swapping fora while then right at the end I saw a warrior I felt was a war chief.

The next exercise was to work with a partner and stare into their eyes to try and see into their soul and see if you could see past lives overlain on their face. I didn't see very well for Kate but I did get a hint of a crone like face and got the word witch. She seemed to be able to relate to that. It was what she saw for me that had me going wow. She described the war chief I had such a brief glimpse of and got the word 'thane' which would certainly fit with the time period I connected him with.

The next guided meditation was to try and connect to past relationships. This time as I walked through the forest the wolf stayed in the trees and I got the idea I needed to do this alone. But Jenny and Thomas were in the glade.This time people came out of the tree of life and we looked at them. The only two I saw clearly were an indian brave and a victorian gentleman. I got the idea the brave was the husband of the squaw and the victorian gentleman was my brother. I also got the weird idea I may have known Phil before in a past life even tho I didnt 'see' or 'recognise' Phil in either of the two figures. I was disappointed I hadn't seen things more clearly, but got the idea I wasn't ready for that yet - and that I should come back another time when I could learn more.

Oracle cards also figured in the day. We were all given a free pick of an angel card. I got angel of perfection - which basically said you can lose what is important in the search for perfection. That spoke volumes to me. David also had a deck of angel oracle cards and ascended masters (the same ones we have here) and a random pick from the angel oracle cards gave me 'listen' while the ascended masters deck gave me' twin flame'. Later on I felt moved to make another pick from the ascended masters deck and got 'listen' which made me go 'ok I get the message but what or who am I supposed to be listening to?'

The next meditation took us the akhasic records through the tree of life. David said we could just go to look at past lives or to get answers to questions about why have phobias or repeat certain destructive behaviour patterns. The journey to the akhasic temple was fascinating. We had to pick up a crystal from a granite block then see ourselves throwing it into the arctic waste . At the point where David said we could see a crystal I saw my moonstone. Using that crystal to access the akhasic records is so very appropriate.

I accessed the temple via a door decorated with 'The Sun' card from the tarot. In the hallway where objects from my past lives were displayed I saw a victorian sampler most clearly. My guide to the records was Peter.I didnt see anything momentous in my book even though I had a question - but maybe I was asking the wrong question. On the way back out as well as the sampler I saw a stone arrowhead among the objects from my past lives.

The last meditation of the day was to help us create a 'magic image' we can put on when we need particular virtues/abilities in a situation. David even specifically mentioned putting on an image before giving reiki. We were told we could pick someone we had seen from a past life, or a historical figure, or even a fictional character. Or we could just wait and see what we got. I picked the war chief character. This meditation had us in a theatre and we went up onto the stage and our chosen costume dropped onto us. Despite my best efforts to see the trappings of the war chief, what I got was a nurse from Florence Nightingale's era.

I saw this not a sign I had been a nurse at that time (although I wouldn't rule it out as she could have ben the sister of the victorian gentleman I saw) but as affirmation that healing is what I should be doing. I can put this costume on for reiki and hypnotherapy - and maybe for card readings as well.

This wasn't about psychic development. It was all about knowing and understanding yourself which is why I see this as spiritual development. I wonder if I will repeat this workshop when/if Tony decides he would like to do it after all?

No comments:

Post a Comment