Today I was doing my volunteering at the hospice. I only did 3 treatments but they were all amazing. My first patient was incredibly spiritual, using cards (archangel raphael cards!) and meditation cds - although he said he was having problems meditating since coming into the hospice. His father's girlfriend had given him spiritual healing in the past, and during the treatment he started rummaging around in his bag for a crystal he suddenly felt an urge to hold. Because he was so open I was able to be more openly spiritual than I normally am. He reacted when I started treating his throat, and at the end of the treatment I decided he was so open to things psychic that I could risk telling him that I felt he had something that he needed to tell someone - and that it was important he did so. I wasn't totally on the mark - but he did say he needed to talk to the police about something and that it would help to clear someone's name - but at the moment he couldn't talk to the police.
My second patient was a home treatment (first of many I hope) She was pragmatic, not religous but spiritual in her own way. She ended up in tears at one point - and personally I think she got more benefit from the talking than form the reiki - but that is still part of my healing work.
My third patient was an out patient who had had reaiki before but over a year ago. During the treatment I sensed more energy going into her right leg than her left so at the end of the session I asked if she was having problems with her leg and she said it had started aching. Based on her medical history I suggested it was probably nothing but that to be on the safe side she should mention it to her GP. During the treatment I also found myself usign a very unusual hand positon - one hand on either side of her lower abdomen. It turns out she is seeing a gynaecologist with a view to having a hysterectomy.
I always find it very humbling when I pick up things during a treatment like that.
Both the patients I treated at the hopsice want treatmentsts next week
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment