Carolyn invited me to join a psychic social network site! So I did and I have now got a mentor. Like everything else that has happened to me arounf the whole psychic thing it was almost accidental. The moderator started a group for anyone who wanted training, so I posted something . I got a response from a lady called Lind in Canada who used the very descriptive phrase 'psychic vampires draining you of energy' That rang a bell, so I accepted her offer to mentor me and she has come through with excatly the right thing for me. Bretahing excercises twice a day 5 minutes each time. I know what I have to do and how long for.
I have also posted a link to this blog on the site. So I had better continue with the tale of how a depressed scientist ended up beleiving she may just have psychic ability.
I read Soraya's book and found I could rationalise the spells section as simply being a way of focussing on what you want. ;You get more of what you focus on' as Mr Mckenna would say. The psychic section of the book started with a section on the Chakra's. I could never get my head round the idea of chakra's and frankly it was ooe of those ideas I had always felt was on the nutty side of the paranormal. Even though David Wells - who I have always felt had great integrity - clearly beleived in chakra's I didn't. But I started looking for more information and turned to Wikepedia. The entry I fund contained a comment that some people beleived the chakra's related to hormone glands. Suddenly I was in familiar territory. I had no difficulty beleiving that imagination can affect the endocrine glands. So I decided to delve a little deeper into Soraya's book and learn about the chakra's. I had a 'eureka' moment when I learned that imagination happens in the crown chakra ( as opposed to visualisation happening in the 3 rd eye chakra) and that the crown chakra is the seat of spirituality.
It was all the imagining I did when working through CYLI7D that started me off on this path. It was through that I realised I had lost touch with the spiritual side.
At this point I gave up fighting and just sccepted that for whatever reason someone wanted me to go down this path.
Do I beleive in chakra's? No not really. But I can accept that others use that as their tool for getting in touch with whatever power is out there.
One of the things Carolyn said on Thursday was ' Where you the sort of child who always wanted explanations and wanted know how things worked' She said this was the impression she got from Dad. Well yes I was - and it seems I still am. Having fund a plausible explanation for how chakra's or tarot cards, or astrology could be used (basically all tools to focus the mind to the task you want to undertake) I find I can beleive in psychic powers - because I know how powerful the mind is, and I know we son't understand a tenth of what it can do.. And I now want to find out what MY mind can do if I train it the right way.
This is acceptable to my world view, even my reigious view becasue I do beleive in an ultimate power code named 'God' Although what God thinks of all the religious wars ging on I dread to think!
Up to now I have been dabbling. Now I have some proper trainign planned. Will I be dissappointed if I dont discover the smae sort of ability as Claire is discovering on Psychic Acadamey ?(I am sure she is going to win) To be honest yes I will be. But I do beleive I can learn to use my mind more effectively , to connect to 'God' and its power to help people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment