I have learned that maxim the hard way in other areas of my life. Certainly it took practice to do the visualisations that proved so helpful to me when I first encountered Paul McKenna's self help techniques. His techniques also taught me hte value of meditation and trance.
So when I picked up the first book I brought to try and consciously develop any psychic ability I may have, I felt very at home when almost the first thing he tells you to do is relax and visualise.
I found I couldnt relate to everything in the book tho. Some of the anecdotes he uses seemed too fantastic to be true. But one thing he mentioned I had heard before. Both William Hewitt and Pasul Mckenna mention the idea of visualizing parking spaces having worked for people they knew. So I decided to try it out for myself.
Parking at my current placement is a nightmare some days. So on this day I consciously meditated to get myself tuned in to .....whatever the source of the power is. (I will explain my spirituall beliefs later) Then all the way to work I kept imagining the space being available. I also kept repeating there WILL be a parking space for me. Imagine my surprise when as I was on the first half of the 'car park circuit' a car pulled out of a space in front of at just the right time for me to drive straight in.
It almost certainly was pure coincidence - but it certainly didn't discourage me in my ideas about psychic ability.
I found there was a lot in common between the ideas and techniques in William Hewitts book and the ideas and techniques that Paaul Mckenna had introduced me too. In fact one of the immediate post McKenna effects was a re-awakening of the spiritual side I had lost through years of depression.
So I felt what I was doing was an extension of the work I had already done.
The second book I read found me rather than me finding it.
I found a book called Spells and Psychic Powers lying around in the tea room at work. When I asked who it belonged to no-one knew - and someone suggested it had been accidentally left by the bookseller who visits the department. It should have been collected with the other samples. It wasnt. So no-one objected when I asked if I could borrow it (and no-one has asked for it back yet!) Some of the first words in the book are ' Perhaps you have been given this book - perhaps yu have been drawn to it. Either the way the magick has begun'
It felt as if someone meant me to have that book.
I tried healing Daniel again today. This time when I imagine mysekf holding him I put my arms in psotion as if I physically was holding a baby.
I heard from Jane to day. She said she thought about Mum - but not mch to my surprise she didnt give any indication she was aware of my thoughts.
In my next entry I will explain my spiritual beliefs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment