Sunday, 4 July 2010

Station Hotel Dudley

We went on an investigation at the Station Hotel and it turned into quite a night. It wasn't an ideal group because there was a large party of noisy girls who shrieked a lot. But when Chris (the organiser /medium) saw our group were serious, we always somehow managed to be on our own as a group. And as a group we had a good mix. Becky I think is a total believer, Simon , Tony, myself and Brian are all open minded but take the Taps approach . Martyn I think is sceptical - and only doing it to please Brian. But would like to experience something that convinces him. Rob is a sceptic.

It started off with the whole group in the cellar. A couple of times I felt someone was standing in front of me but there was nothing really convincingly paranormal. I did get the name George which is associated with the cellar . And Tony picked up on a little girl called Anne or Annie and again that name has been linked with that location. As neither of us had researched the location that is interesting but hardly earth shattering. The names are common enough.

Our next stop , with Debbie from Ghost Haunted , was room 217 where we got one interesting picture, maybe a couple of emf spikes in the bathroom and some interesting personal phenomena like being touched and feeling breezes. Rob did some scrying and clearly something happened because he saw himself with a beard and moustache.

In room 214 we tried a ouija board . We apparently spoke to a young lad called Matthew , In fact we ended up singing 3 blind mice to him at Tony's suggestion. Tony then vigorously applauded us. He said he could see Matthew sitting on the floor applauding us. That could have been a touch of trance mediumship - but I am not sure. Physical mediumship is always by definition a paranormal occurrence. As Rob was one of the people on the planchet it was an experience for him. But I am sceptical about Matthew.

We were joined by a couple of other people and Chris the medium for a table tipping experiment. First of all we all sat round a large table that we decided was too heavy to move. But then a smaller group of us stood round a smaller table. All I can say about this was wow. I never knew a table could do that! And I know there was no trickery involved. We had apparent contact with Laura and Alexandra (mother and daughter) I did have some interesting personal experiences at the stat of the table tipping experiment when we were seated.. I had a couple of cold shivers and felt as if I was giving reiki. But neither Tony nor Chris were getting anything so I don't know what happened. I didn't get any names or anything. But this DID result in a suggestion form Chris that Tony and I might lie to join their closed circle!

The last experience of the night was a dark and emotional one and probably shows why trained mediums are useful to have around when you investigate the paranormal. Our group of 7 were in the cellar doing glass divination. We did simple yes/no with a torch. Becky was asking a lot of the questions with me doing some of the questions. We didn't seem to have any of the spirits from the hotel but it did seem there was someone there with a message for Brian - but we couldn't work out who or what the message was. Then Becky got a positive response to the word wife. She thought the person's wife was present in spirit in the cellar. That didn't seem logical to me and I asked if Alan was there and got a positive answer. The information that seemed to come through was that Alan was telling us Andy had passed. That out a real damper on things and the session ended almost immediately. But as we were leaving the cellar Tony went into medium mode and said Alan wanted to apologise to me for his behaviour, said how proud he was and Steve and ended with the comment that his Mum was still telling him off. This was very emotional for both me and Tony .

Robs comment summed the evening up very well. It was very good but the last 10 minutes were a real downer.

Analysing this in the cold light of day I think we were not sceptical enough about the apparent positive responses from the glass. Also Becky has never done anything like that before as far as I know and her questions were not clear . But even though I could accept that Alan might be there I was at a loss to think why he might come through. I wasn't expecting Alan to tell us anything about Andy. I know Tony would not fake that sort of message. But I can think of psychological rather than paranormal reasons for the information he came out with. His brain was reacting to something - but I am not convinced it was Alan's spirit.

How will I feel if we get told that Andy did pass last night? If we get that news watch this space

No comments:

Post a Comment