Monday, 4 April 2011

The amazing power of walking - and a new view of The Lords Prayer

I have been for a walk this morning round the lake - the first time I have done it for weeks. I intended to listen to some music but found I had taken the wrong headphones with me so I ended up listening to the birds - and doing some interesting thinking.

I made lots of positive affirmations. I can do these with any sort of exercise. That provides a solution to the 'how do I find time to do all this' conundrum. I am a woman - and I multitask

But the most interesting musing (meditation?) was about the Lords prayer and how it also encompasses positive thought. Its the order in which it is said. It start with praising God and aligning us with him (Thy will be done on earth as it is heaven) Then the next bit is 'give us this day our daily bread' A demand with no please in front of it - because we have the right to expect that - because that is what the universe (God) expects to do. Then and ONLY then ( and by no means conditional) does it come to the part about sin and forgiveness. In other words the daily bread is NOT conditional on the forgiveness. The forgiveness is necessary for our spiritual growth. We need to forgive ourselves (positive thought, loving ourselves) BEFORE we can forgive others.

I haven't quite assimilated all this yet - but I am certain it is important - and that I have something to learn from this.

No comments:

Post a Comment