Sunday, 18 September 2011

I did my spiritual exercises before I did anything else today (well once cat feeding etc was done)

I did a pick from the tarot deck and got the 5 of pentacles. The text in the book talks about this card meaning loss of self worth and self esteem. very apt after my post investigation feelings,

I realised that when I am praying I do get totally lost in the activity. In a way I am in a trance. Maybe when my thoughts wander they are tasking me to useful places.

I haven't actively meditated - I am using this blog as a sort of meditation. What did the 5 of pentacles tell me? I have a lot more than I realise. The 5 indicates tension and anxiety - spot on. I have self esteem problems - no **** sherlock. The beggar on the card stays out in the snow even though he could go into the church behind. It is his choice to stay out because he believes he isn't worthy. This has a horribly familiar ring to it.

But I got an interesting thought while I was upstairs, I do no-one any service at all by underestimating my abilities - ;east of all those who could benefit from my work. If I don't have confidence in myself - why should they?

I feel I am being given a firm but gentle spiritual kick up the backside!

No comments:

Post a Comment