A second attack by the lurgy has meant my spiritual exercises have been nil - but today I intend to correct that. My meditation on Thursday was interesting tho. I was in my glade and Jonas was there. he lead me over to the bench and I got the idea 'You need to take things easy' Later that day I realised I was fighting round 2 with the lurgy and ended up leaving work at lunchtime, and didn't go to work on Friday either. It was only AFTER I got home on Thursday that I remembered my meditation and thought ' Wow - how strange is that?' Did I subconsciously remember the image and decide I 'needed' to be ill to be able to rest? I don't think my work ethic is that poor - but I can't rule it out. But feeling poorly and my early departure DID give me the opening to say to Emmeline - I can't do 4 days a week - end of message.
I have discussed in my other blog what this means for me in practical terms. What does it mean spiritually? I won't be so tired I won't have the energy for meditation and my exercises and that has GOT to be good.
Today I tried to watch and understand some of the Kaballah course I signed up for. I didn't get on very well. But I have had it re-enforced that it is about spiritual development - just like reiki. I was confused by the idea that permission is needed from above to reveal certain wisdom to others. At first that didn't make any sense - but then I thought that if it is about development - the journey to find that wisdom is part of development - so I guess it does. But even the basic stuff is talking about Sefirot and other things I don't understand. So where does this leave me and my quest to understand the Tree of Life? I'm not sure. Maybe its all just a distraction. I need to meditate on it - which is probably what a Rav would suggest I would do ....................
One thing I will say - they are not interested in making any money from the course. Its free and the books are downloadable as free pdfs. OWL charge 40.00 to join - although I think their Kaballah stuff can be downloaded free. I must check that out again. But is David Wells and the OWL a Kaballist that Rav Leitman would approve of ? Hmmmmm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment