Thursday, 7 February 2013

When is a spell not a spell

When it is a prayer, a ritual or a visualisation. My journey of comparative theology continues fuelled by my continues reading of the book about grimoires, and last nights discussion at circle. We were talking about protection and Angie read out a Wicca 'spell' for protection which is really just a visualisation although it can include a component in the form of a clear quartz crystal. Is the 'ritual' I do when preparing for a session on 886 that uses reiki symbols a 'spell' or a 'prayer' Christian prayers include a symbol in the sign of the cross. I went to see Jane on Wednesday and it turns out she would love to be a holistic therapist too if she could afford the training. But she rejected the idea of reiki out of hand even though I offered to attune her for free. She wants to advice people of supplements, flower remedies that sort of thing. But I do feel it means something that with our vastly different spiritual approaches she in essesne wants to be doing the same as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment