Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Wheel of Fortune

I have been lax in my meditations for a few days. I have too tired mentally and physically to meditate fruitfully. This morning got myself organsed and have managed a meditation this morning. I decided to do a random tarot pick and meditate on that card. I got the wheel of fortune.

The figure in the middle is Fortune - and wears purple - the colour of wisdom and of the crown chakra. The man at the bottom wears grey - presumably depicitng how he feels but the other three figures are all colourful. yellow is the common colour - solar plexus chakra? Ib fact the figure on the top is wearing yellow (gold?) and white - the alternative colours for the crown chakra. The ascending figure is predominantly green (heart chakra) while the figure on the way down is mainly red. While I can see that you need heart to climb up I dont immediately see why the sacral chakra should be linked to the descent. Maybe I am wrong in linking the colours to the chakras - or maybe I need to learn more about chakras.

It would be easy to say the fortune is random that it is a cycle. But I know that you can change your own fortune. I think how you deal with changing fortune determines how long it takes for the cycle to complete.

Why did I get this card today? Obviously I am on the wheel. But where am I? Is my instinctive response linking the colours to the chakra's the real message? A sign that I need to focus on my spiritual exercises to improve my fortune?

It is possible. I know I feel working as a pharmacist is literally soul destroying. And I did the whole soul destroyed thing years ago and and am NOT going back. Its a good a message as any.

The meaning in the book is that my circumstances are changing - well thats apt and true. It also speaks about control and lack of control. Its all about how you use the opportunities you get given.

The meaning of the images in the book is blind fortune (wearing the colour of wisdom) and the four phases of life we are all subject to. Strife poverty good fortune and opportunity.

I intend to make the most of my opportunites. Is South Bank and opportunity I need to take?

No comments:

Post a Comment