Sunday, 22 November 2009

Practice practice practice

I really didn't attempt to meditate properly while I was on holiday - and I paid and am paying the price in two ways. First I am very down - far more so than I usually am when a holiday. Second my meditations since I got back have been very difficult.

I have forgotten how to open up properly I think. I also wonder if I am too reliant on the candle and incense ritual. I didnt really try to meditate while I was away because I couldn't have candles and incense. I felt I wouldn't be meditating 'properly' whatever that mean.

I did a short reiki self healing last night - which felt useless. This morning I meditated for 15 minutes - and really saw and felt nothing. However I think that is because I am out of practice with relaxing and opening up. Every psychic development manual recommends daily meditation. I am basically out of practice. I am now re-assured that I will start to feel and see more once I am back into the daily routine. And as Tony has just reminded it is unreasonable to expect thungs to happen every time. Things will happen when it is necessary. And he has NO idea what I am blogging about either!

I have some reiki sessions planned. Steve on Tuesday, Rachel on Thursday. I may offer Tony another session.

Just because I have learned to open up to the unseen things around us I realise that doesn't absolve me of the necessity to work and put in effort in so I can receive and use the messages /help I get. It isnt magic that just happens - it is a skill that needs to be practised.

I also need to remember it comes from within me - and that external things are NOT necessary. Its not just practice I need - its faith that I CAN do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment