Saturday, 29 August 2009

Reiki Training

Oh my god what can I say. I hardly know where to start. This really has been another 'eureka' moment like seeing the ghost in York and the dowsing crystal in Stourbridge. I went expecting (fearing?) nothing would happen . This was exactly how I was when I went to both York and Stourbridge. And yet again I have been proved SPECTACULARLY wrong.

It was only in retrospect as I thought through the events of the day that I realised quite how spectacular it was. I didnt expect to see colours when I meditated. I didnt KNOW people often saw colours. But I know what I saw - and I know I wasn't consciously manipulating what I 'saw' .

The behaviour of the dowsing crystal when we were talking to 'John' was also amazing. It wasn't so mch what I learned - but the strength of the response compared to when we 'dowsed' Edna.

And that brief glimpse of that female figure as I started the self healing meditation was utterly unexpected. Having failed all day to sense spirit or see anything other than the abstract when I was meditating, why did I suddenly see that outline? And try as I might I was unable to recreate it . So I am as certain as I could be I didnt 'create' it consciously the first time.

So having said how amazing it was I had better rceord more factually what happened before I forget.

Ther session started with a grounding meditation. I found this quite easy thanks to all the practice I have had.

Then we started working through the manual Sue had prepared for me. Although the history of Reiki and the different types of reiki probably are not going to be that relevant to the use I make of it, the discussion it generated gave me helpful insights into a number of things - including my feelings bout Alan, sibling rivalry, and why I want to learn reiki anyway. I could relate concepts and ideas in the manual to stuff I had done using Paul Mckenna's books, philosophical ideas discussed with Masoud when I was learning about the B'ahai, my pharmacy knowledge and training....................so much made sense. And it made it feel right to be where I was doing what I was doing. It was an affirmation that I am doing the right thing. Not confirmation - affirmation.

During this w eended up discussing Edna - no surprise- and Sue got some information from her spirit guide that Edna is getting ready to cross over. She even got told when it might happen - but didn't tell me. At Sue's suggestion I 'dowsed' her Chakra's to find out if they were open or closed and whether they were clean or blocked. I did it with my dowsing crystal and my eyes closed so I culd picture Edna. That meant I couldn't see what the crystal was doing. Sue also asked me to say what I thought of each chakra based on instinct. I wasn't too brilliant at that. Basically this dowsing gave us the information that her chakra's are closed apart from her crown and base chakra's. And they are not really open. The dowsing confirmed what I already knew or guessed -w hich is that Edna is more or less willing herself to die. This isn't really news - but it says a lot that this hasn't been contradicted by anything we found out today.

The sceptic in me says I am reading what I want to see into the information I was given. But it feels like more than that.

The next thing on the agenda was for Sue to attune me. She split it into two parts - for which I was very thankful. I would not fancy doing the whole thing in one.

The first attunment alomost reduced me to giggles when Sue blew on me - but that very quickly subsided and I strated to feel VERY emotional. I was seeing lost of purple , then purple with bright blue specks, then I saw waves f colour - and finally colour moving and changing that I suddenly realised look an eye slowly blinking.

I hadn't expected to see anything particular during the meditation - and I was shocked when Sue described what i had seen -a nd when I read that people often see colours.


Physically I felt quite intense tingling in my hands a feet - much more intense than I normally get. I am kind of used to the fact that this is my signal that meditation is going well and/or that spirit is with me.

The second half of the attunement was even more intense than the first but less emotional. The phsical symptoms were greater and the colours less intense but it was still a very draining process. Sue's question as I cam out of the meditation was 'Do you feel as if yu have gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson' the answer was 'yes'

Just at the end of the meditation when Sue was asking me to try and see my reiki guide or get a name for them the name 'John' popped into my mind.

We tried to find out who this was using the dowsing crystal. The responses I got were MUCH stronger than when I was dowsing Edna's chakra's. He isn't my reiki guidem he isn't to help me - bt he is something to do with Tony (whose full name is Anthony John) I asked about that when I rememebred the only 'John' I knew was him. This could be a signal that Tony is going to be helping me in some way - maybe with his mediumship if he chooses to develop it. I so hope he does.


We ended the session with my first self healing session. This is when I saw the outline figure of a woman. Apart from that it was mainly abstract colours again although this time I was aware of little holes of blackness - almst black holes sucking colour away.

Physically this was very intrense. At times I felt muscle twitches and I jumped several times. I only spent about 7 minutes meditating - but physically that was more than enough.

The next step is to do self healing for the next 21 days. I am looking forward to it and will record what happens in this blog.

It is only 9.15 - but I feel ready for bed. I didnt expect the day to be so tiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment