Saturday, 26 January 2013
After yesterdays decision to get back to basics I have decided to start with the first exercise David suggests. Finding out who I am. Yes I know did this over 5 years ago when I first read Change your life in 7 days and started off on this journey. But I am not the person I was then so sitting down and doing again makes sense. It will make sure I stay on track. I wrote a guided meditation for the circle and it put them on a path that represented their spiritual progress. The first thing I got them to do was look back and see how far they had come. Well this is my way of looking back.
So since I am doing this the David Wells way I am going to start by looking at what my sun sign tells me about myself.
'A natural intuitive you are likely to be highly perceptive already, but structure is required if you are to make the most of yourself and that isn't always welcome is it?'
Actually I know I need structure but I seem incapable of getting it. David goes on to talk about the fish swimming in two directions being a sign of lack of direction - but more often because I tend to put others needs before mine. Now that is SO true. Thats why I find it so hard to say 'no' when I am offered pharmacy work. I somehow always seem to prioritise other things above my spiritual (and indeed physical!) exercise. It may be just me being a typical pisces - but I need to acknowledge this weakness and work round it if I am going to get anywhere.
David talks about planning time to do it in advance - letting everyone know. Well thats sort of what I did when I put the CPD in my diary. If I put a slot in every day for spiritual and physical exercise it will get done. i will give it priority. In fact i can meditate as `i exercise.
David then talks about grounding being important for me - finding practical applications for what I can do. He even says I am likely to be good at 'hands on' healing. That seems very true to me. I DO feel the need to use what I can do to help others - but I am reluctant to sue it to help myself. Thats why I always duck self healing. My piscean tendencies are causing me to get my priorities wrong. Now that is a lesson I need to remember. I do take 'me time' but its often a bath (although my ruminations in the bath are often very helpful. lets face it I am doing this as the result of bath time ruminations) But I feel I have to have 'me time' when Tony isn't up. What on earth is wrong with me telling Tony I am going upstairs to meditate and self heal while he is up and about?
David mentions negative thoughts - and the importance of re-programming through meditation - something I feel I am bad at. Well I am bad at making time for it. I will start with Davids basic exercises again and see how I get on. I also need to remember Davids final comment about pisceans. Confusion is a sign you are on your way because confusion brings out answers
So my strengths are my intuition and empathy but the downside is I can be confused, vague and easily led. That last one is VERY true.
Interestingly my North node is ALSO Pisces. And again reading what David says it is hard to argue with it.
I would benefit a lot from meditation and slowing my mind down. I need to stop finding fault in others. I want to be perfect and worry when I am not. In fact David's advice is to be the best I can be. This was my 2012 resolution - to be the best 'me' I can.
So has my journey changed me since it started? Well I am happier, I am now married, I do work and use my abilities to help others (although not as much as I would like)I am also very unsure I help people in in the right way. I need. I need to recognise my weaknesses - and try to turn them into strengths.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment