I had an amzing experience at the hospice today. I only had one patient, and contrary to usual I hadn't read her notes before I treated her. This was because Jean and I had to tout for patients today. Jean took verbal consent, then left to do the paperwork while I got on with treatment.
She was obviously quite poorly and I felt 20 minutes would be as much as she could take. The only problem she mentioned to me was her stomach which was very distended and she said she needed her stoma to start working. When I was working on her stomach I kept my hands moving - sort of massaging her with reiki. I felt a lot of energy going into her legs which I didnt understand. And I also felt I needed to 'massage' her legs with reiki (something I have never done before) In the back of my mind I got the idea of keeping the blood in her legs moving. I know she is at risk of DVT due to immobility and underlying disease - and I thought that was what I was dealing with.
At the end of the session her first comment was that her feet felt warm for the first time in a long term. I later found out she has Raynauds disease. I should add from the gurgling noises we heard during treatment her stoma was starting to work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment