Sunday, 10 July 2011

This morning I have done 10 minutes of self healing - downstairs while watching the news. About 5 minutes in I suddenly felt really hot and sweaty for about a minute then it faded away. I could feel the energy flowing all the time . I just kept my hands on my sacral chakra. This was partly for comfort but also because my cystitis issue seems to be making a comeback. I am actually going to look and see what bladder issues could be a sign of in my wider life. I do not subscribe to the belief that some spiritual healers have that EVERY disease in a certain part of the body is linked to the same sort of life issue. But I am totally prepared to look at a psychological cause for physical problems which seem to be recurrent. And lets face it I have had bladder problems since I was 11!! So a bit of reading later.

I went to church this morning. It was interesting that the vestments were green - the colour associated with Raphael - and the bit of the service that hit me like an arrow was the prayer that talked about serving in newness of life - and I found myself thinking that my master training does mark a very pivotal new beginning for me. Message for me?

Why do I feel the need to go to church? I always feel a little uncomfortable because I know a majority of church members and clergy wouldn't exactly approve of my activities and my beliefs. I certainly don't normally stop to talk to anyone. And I got to the 8.00 am said communion so I don't have to suffer the moment in the normal family communion when the congregation is invited to offer one another the sign of peace. Considering I am a very tactile person, love giving and receiving hugs why do I feel so uncomfortable when everyone wanders round and shakes hands? Why do I put myself in an environment that makes me uncomfortable?


Anyway I did a meditation and my normal intercessions before the service - including my recitation of the reiki principles. And no I didn't feel it was inappropriate to do that in that environment. I feel the reiki principles are totally compatible with Christian beliefs, indeed the beliefs of all major religions.

No comments:

Post a Comment