I have discovered (I think) a more mundane reason for the 21 days self healing that is part of the training. Nothing to do with time spent on the mountain or cycling reki through your chakra's. It is a much more Mckenna'ish tennet of 'practice'
If you practice doing something often enough it becomes easier - and if it is part of your daily routine you eventually reach a tipping point where it is easier to do it than not do it.Inevitably at first you will make mistakes in what you are ding but the main thing is not to give up - keep focused on your goal.
I did my self healing last night (just didnt make the journal entry) The meditation was very difficult with my concerns about Edna and clearing my mind was almost impossible. In fact I couldn't totally clear my mind. But every time 'monkey brain' cut in and I found myself imagining the surgery and its possib;e consequences I took myself back to my 'safe place'
I spent about 1o minutes on the meditation and healing - and a further 5 in prayerful meditation after I had thanked my reiki guide (who I still haven't sensed, felt, or got a clue about a name for)
As I got the tingling in my hands and feet I presume I did something right.
I have been surprised by how calm I am over Edna's accident and current situation. I am 100% positive that the meditation disciplines I am practicing are being a huge help to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment