I have realised my self image has taken a hammering over the past week or so; events have conspired to dent my belief in myself. That raises the intersting question am I doing reiki and all this psychic stuff because I am trying to bolster my self belief?
Even more interesting is the question is my lack of belief in myself hindering progress with reiki? Do I need to believe in myself as well as in reiki before it will work? Is my scepticism about the existence of spirits who can guide us going to prevent me making progress?
I am absolutely sure about a few things. My 'ghost' in York was real not imagination or fraud. The movement of the dowsing crystal in Stourbridge was also not imagination or fraud. And I am positive Carolyn was not using cold reading techniques or making lucky guesses when she told me all about Penny. Those are the three signpsots that have led me on this journey
I know a number of people who claim to sense things and I know they are all sincere in their beleif and are genuinely nice people - and since Tony is one of them and I lvie with him I know him better than almost anyone else. He has no reason to put on an act for me. And I dont suspect Carolyn Beth or Sue of trying in any way to defraud me by faking things.
But because my self belief has been knocked ,I am doubting the wisdom of my decision to see if I am psychic and to investigate these sorts of things. Steve thinks people are 'trading on my good nature' - a polite way of saying he is worried I am being gullible.
Unfortunately that is my fear . I have always had a problem with my faith on my decsions. I have always expected my decsions will turn out badly because I AM guillible. The onyl way to counter that is to have maximum scepticism. But that could work against me in this situation.
I am sure this internal debate is going on now for a reason. I AM sure I will get some answers today - and I am thoroughly looking forward to it
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment